OpenEGrid is a software company created by a team of experts in Energy, IOT, and Software Infrastructure Architecture who have a passion to apply the emerging technologies in Big Data, Analytics, and Cloud Computing to legacy Energy Systems in order to significantly improve interoperability across Distributed Energy Resources in what is now emerging as the ‘Smart Grid’.
Our goal is to maximize energy savings and operational efficiencies in buildings & facilities and to facilitate the two way flow of energy as Renewables proliferate and significantly impact the grid.
Climate change imperatives have given rise to proliferation of Renewable Energy generation resources which have begun to blur the lines between producers and consumers of electricity. This new world needs the tools for not just Conservation and Efficient use of Energy, but also to facilitate the buying and selling of electrical energy. This creates a market place rife with opportunity to make significant profits on intelligent investments in this new class of Distributed Energy Resources (DER).
While Micro-Grids and Virtual Power Plants seem to be the way to ‘cash in’ on the transformation that is beginning to happen, there is a clear and urgent need for tools to facilitate an intelligent interaction between the components, devices, and assets that go to make up the modern day electric grid.
At OpenEGrid we have created the tools to accomplish this in an easy, quick, and most importantly, COST EFFECTIVE manner!
More than 75 Years of Collective Experience
Our team members have been in the Renewable Energy business for more than a decade and a half, and as a result have a deep understanding of the Electric Utility Markets and their needs.
- DER (Distributed Energy Resources) Management Solutions to support California Rule 21 including IEEE 2030.5 aggregator and gateway
- EMS (Energy Management System) to orchestrate intelligent control of emerging Micro-Grids that include Renewable Generation, Storage, Energy Efficiency, and track stacked revenue
- Industry’s ONLY EMS that works seamlessly with IEEE 2030.5 control
- Aggregation of DERs to form Virtual Power Plants (VPP)
- Automated Demand Response – OpenADR 2.0b implementation